The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit (Federation) is the major instrument of Jewish philanthropy and engagement in the Detroit area. The organization takes care of the needs of the Jewish People and builds a vibrant Jewish future, in Metropolitan Detroit, in Israel and around the world. Federation is seeking Grants Administrator.
Scope of Deliverables:
• Research applicable grant opportunities that address a variety of communal priorities, including social service programming and operations, Jewish identity building programming and operations, capacity building and security.
• Identify and meet grant requirements to ensure all necessary documentation is submitted in a timely manner.
• Develop and write grant proposals, persuasively communicating the mission and needs of Federation and its agencies.
• Engage with Federation’s finance team, and other teams, on project reports to assure timely and accurate reporting.
• Liaison to agency staff, and work in partnership to complete grant applications.
• Participate in relevant meetings both inside of the organization and onsite at constituent agencies.
Should have at a minimum:
• Proficient grant management experience required.
• Education commensurate with level of experience, which would include a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Excellent writing skills, which includes the ability to synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form.
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work well under tight deadlines.
• Comfort working as a self-motivated and adaptable professional.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.